- Adult Immunizations
- Alcohol and Substance Use (SBIRT)
- Appropriate Use of Antibiotics for ARI
- Childhood Obesity
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) and Stroke Prevention
- Diabetes in Adult Patients
- Gestational Diabetes
- Hepatitis B and C
- Motivational Interviewing
- Pediatric Immunizations
- Preconception & Interconception Care
- Tobacco Cessation and Secondhand Smoke Exposure
Background and Resources
Below is a brief list of background material on Improving Performance in Practice (IPIP) and related topics. This section of the website is a resource directory for IPIP related topics.
IPIP General Information
April 2009 Video for IPIP practices explaining the IHI Extranet - shows IPIP practices how to navigate the IHI Extranet site that contains their practice measures and graphs
December 2008 Patient Centered Medical Home Pilot
- IPIP Self-Directed Resources (coming soon)
IT and Healthcare Transformation
- Kilo, Charles Transforming Care: Medical Practice Design and Information Technology
Health Affairs – Volume 24, Number 5 September-October 2005 PP 1296 -1301.
- Richard Hillestad, James Bigelow, Anthony Bower, Federico Girosi, Robin Meili, Richard Scoville, and Roger Taylor, Can Electronic Medical Record Systems Transform Health Care? Potential Health Benefits, Savings, And Costs Health Affairs 24, no. 5 (September/October 2005): 1103-1117.
- COPICSCOPE: No 129 January 2006 “A comprehensive Look at Electronic Health Record Systems.”
Quality Improvement General Information
Pay for Performance
- American College of Physicians. Linking Physician Payments to Quality Care, Philadelphia: American College of Physicians: 2005: Position Paper. (Available from American College of Physicians, 190 N Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106 800-523-1546 ext 2600)
For questions and additional information, please contact Allyson Gottsman at (720) 297-1681 or by email.